Saturday, May 30, 2009

Through my innocent eyes (by Vanessa Akuboh)

There's no wrong in this world
there's a place that I can always run
there's a hand that I can hold
there's hope,for tomorrow
there's bread, there's laughter
peace, and a happy ever after
there's a hand to hold
in peace and in sorrow and even the brighter tomorrow

its through my eyes of innocence
through these eyes, it all dont make sense
through these eyes that God has blessed
because I see through the word He's given
His still small voice,my conscience, His love the very essence...

Tim ba ka ibukun mi (Youroba)
I can try but they are so many
for the trees, the stars
the moon and this land
for love for life
for family, for friends and more
seeing through these eyes, what more can I ask for
cos He has given me, and made me, all that I am and more 

through these eyes of innocence
through these eyes that God has blessed
I can stand tall in faith, by faith
and say in His love I'll wait
till I see no wrong in this world
till I have my happy ever after and more...     

                                         Vanessa Akuboh

No comments:

Post a Comment