Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I need a new Tree

You told me not to touch
I honestly decided not to
Then I wanted to, then I needed to
My hands stretched and so I pointed the reason to her
I’m now stripped and clothed in sheep skin
You never intended for a lesser glory
But I called it fashion
I ought to be truly sorry
And I truly am
But I pointed away again
Because I have to look strong for her
I looked behind my direction of blame and saw u.
Looking down, Standing at our favorite spot
I couldn’t run to you
and talk all evening because I had to be a man
The Man for this woman you gave me
I have to be the man for her
I have to be the man for her. So I’ll take this bite
I’m sorry but can’t act it
I have shifted my eyes to her so to be a man for her
I stand here under this tree . . . No no no
Hide under this tree for her, from you
Because I made this lesser glory and what it comes with a point
Oh! I need a new tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment